SAARINEN LOW OVAL COFFEE TABLE. SAARINEN LOW OVAL
SAARINEN LOW OVAL COFFEE TABLE. GLASS DINING TABLE WOOD BASE.
Saarinen Low Oval Coffee Table
- A coffee table, also called a cocktail table, is a style of long, low table which is designed to be placed in front of a sofa, to support beverages (hence the name), magazines, feet, books (especially coffee table books), and other small items to be used while sitting, such as coasters.
- (Coffee Tables) While any small and low table can be, and is, called a coffee table, the term is applied particularly to the sets of three or four tables made from about 1790; of which the latter were called 'quartetto tables'.
- Finnish architect and city planner who moved to the United States in 1923; father of Eero Saarinen (1873-1950)
- Eero (1910–61); the son of Eliel. He designed the Memorial Arch in St. Louis 1948 and the US Embassy in London 1955–60
- The name of a family of US architects, born in Finland
- United States architect (born in Finland) (1910-1961)
- Eliel (1873–1950); full name Gottlieb Eliel Saarinen. He designed the Cranbrook Academy of Art in Michigan and served as its president 1932–48
- A body, object, or design with such a shape or outline
- An oval playing field or racing track
- ellipse: a closed plane curve resulting from the intersection of a circular cone and a plane cutting completely through it; "the sums of the distances from the foci to any point on an ellipse is constant"
- In technical drawing, an oval (from Latin ovum, 'egg') is a figure constructed from two pairs of arcs, with two different radii (see image on the right). The arcs are joined at a point, in which lines tangential to both joining arcs lie on the same line, thus making the joint smooth.
- egg-shaped: rounded like an egg
- A particularly bad or difficult moment
- A state of depression or low spirits
- in a low position; near the ground; "the branches hung low"
- an air mass of lower pressure; often brings precipitation; "a low moved in over night bringing sleet and snow"
- A low point, level or figure
- less than normal in degree or intensity or amount; "low prices"; "the reservoir is low"
Eero Saarinen: Buildings from the Balthazar Korab Archive (Norton/Library of Congress Visual Sourcebooks in Architecture, Design & Engineering)
A timely portrait of the work of an architect who expanded the vocabulary of modern architecture.
Eero Saarinen and Balthazar Korab constitute a unique team in the history of architecture: Saarinen, the mid-twentieth-century architect who challenged the architectural conventions of his time; and Korab, an architect in Saarinen's office whose perceptive photographs reveal the brilliance of Saarinen's work.
This visual sourcebook illustrates nineteen Saarinen commissions in photographs drawn from Korab's archive, providing multiple views of the buildings themselves and some views of their construction and of architectural models that were critical to their design. Images of Saarinen's office and home provide personal ambience, and an introductory essay positions Saarinen's work within the broader context of his time.
Seen in detail, such earlier works as the General Motors Technical Center (1948-56) or the Miller house (1953-57) show departures from orthodox modernism; Saarinen's assured handling of new materials and new building functions impart lasting value to his career, as seen in the Trans World Airlines Terminal (1956-62) and Dulles International Airport (1958-63), which have become iconic images.
800; 464 pages of color
Deco Saarinen Desk
Original 1939 Eliel Saarinen Office Set from the Flexible Home Arrangements (FHA) line for Johnson Furniture Co. of Grand Rapids, Michigan. It is Birch with aluminum handles. It was designed with his daughter Pipsan Swanson Saarinen.
Born at Rantasalmi, Finland (1873-1950). His father was Juho Saarinen.
1893-97 he studied painting and architecture at Helsinki University.
1904 Saarinen married Loja Gesellius.
1905 daughter Pipsan was born.
1910 son Eero was born.
Early furniture examples are Hannes Chair (1908) and White Chair (1910).
In 1923 he moved to the United States.
1925 Saarinen was asked by George G. Booth to develop the Cranbrook Educational Center at Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. This project was intended to be similar to the Bauhaus style in Germany.
1926 Saarinen began teaching at the Cranbrook Academy of Art. Some of Saarinen's students at Cranbrook were:
Charles and Ray Eames, Florence Schust (later Knoll), Harry Bertoia.
this is the other Saarinen chair that i found a couple days later.
saarinen low oval coffee table
Saarinen House, the home of Finnish-American architect and designer Eliel Saarinen and textile designer Loja Saarinen at Cranbrook Academy of Art, the graduate school in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, is an important 1920s American house and the site of a dramatic garden. This book documents the history and diverse design elements of the house and garden, which have been recently restored. The house is Saarinen's expression of his belief that life and art are inextricably bound within a framework that encompasses all realms of design. The photographs document the results of the restoration of the residence: the original layout and colour schemes, Loja's textiles, long-lost furnishings, and the garden.
farmhouse dining table set
rectangular side table
cocktail table with stools
leather book table
hand painted dining table
childrens folding picnic table
glass and wood dining table
triangular end table
coffee table design ideas
custom console table
Post a comment
| HOME |
Author:black ash dining table
Welcome to FC2!
- BLACK ASH DINING TABLE - DINING TABLE (10/17)
- DARK BROWN CONSOLE TABLE - DARK BROWN (10/17)
- EXPANDABLE PEDESTAL TABLE : EXPANDABLE PEDESTAL (10/17)
- GLASS TABLE DINING ROOM SET. GLASS TABLE DINING (10/17)
- HAND PAINTED CONSOLE TABLE. CONSOLE TABLE (10/17)
- LEXINGTON DINING TABLES - LEXINGTON DINING (10/17)
- MISSION OAK DINING TABLES : MISSION OAK (10/17)
- MONTEGO TURNED LEG RECTANGULAR TABLE - LEG RECTANGULAR TABLE (10/17)
- OAK DINING TABLE AND 6 CHAIRS : OAK DINING TABLE (10/17)
- OAK WINE TABLE. WINE TABLE (10/17)
- OFFI SCANDO COFFEE TABLE - COFFEE TABLE (10/17)
- OVAL GLASS KITCHEN TABLE - KITCHEN TABLE (10/17)
- PAINT A COFFEE TABLE - PAINT A (10/17)
- PINE ROUND DINING TABLES - DINING TABLES (10/17)
- RECTANGULAR EXTENSION TABLE : RECTANGULAR EXTENSION (10/17)
- RESIN COFFEE TABLES : RESIN COFFEE (10/17)
- RESTAURANT DINING TABLES AND CHAIRS. TABLES AND CHAIRS (10/17)
- ROUND SQUARE TABLE : ROUND SQUARE (10/17)
- ROUND TABLE TOP GLASS : ROUND TABLE (10/17)
- SAARINEN LOW OVAL COFFEE TABLE. SAARINEN LOW OVAL (10/17)